INFO What is your opinion on Monolith right now?

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

Mark

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Developer
Jun 13, 2017
As the title states, What do you guys think of Monolith right now and if you could change one thing about it what would it be?

Everyone should know by now the next major update for Monolith is in development and Id like to start a serious discussion on what you guys think is a problem.

Please do not use this thread for simple responses such as ( make etc easier, blah blah is too hard ), If you insist on something changing in such a way give a detailed response on why, and what it does for Monolith as a whole.

Ultera

Jul 2, 2017
United States of America
Not exactly a content suggestion but I wish youd allow normal constructive criticism without assuming the person trying to help is out for blood. We know the devs want the best for the server but sometimes the players wanna share how they feel about the server state but are worried that their opinion will lead to them getting banned. We dont want to destroy all the work you put in we just dont want your effort to go to waste.

A Sack O' Salt

Monolith Addict
Dec 10, 2017
#1: I feel as if players should be able to customize their police vehicle with the VCMod customizer NPC, of course, you can put limitations on that for certain vehicles.
Ex: Not allowing Skin 5 on the Charger as that's an unrealistic skin.
I absolutely adore being able to customize my vehicle with certain lights and skins as a Staff Member, and I feel other players should be able to do the same.
Right now, I think the server is amazing the way it is, but of course, there are a few glitches and bugs. There are some minor map problems that aren't that big of a deal. What else... Policing wise, there should be more options when you arrest someone, like a court case (although can be roleplayed, a gameplay mechanism for court cases would promote them and enhance roleplay for both the AO and the culprit.)
Maybe be able to jump onto the side of the train when it comes by? A waste of the devs time, sure, but cool imo.
We could also have a sort of TTT aspect to the game, and give more opportunities as a detective.
Ex: DNA analyzing, crime scene roleplay, ect.

I can't really think of anything right now though.

Valentino Meid

Monolith Grinder
Jun 10, 2017
The Netherlands
steamcommunity.com
Ways to make money without having to grind inside a house all day, I know you can make money via jobs but the paychecks are jokes for players that have played a while. I'm not saying it should be easier to make money but it would be nice to be able to roleplay and make money at the same time.

Hello migo

Jun 3, 2018
New York
I think there should be some new drugs added so there is more variety in making drugs and it’s fun to make money a way you never had before. I think the server would become less bland for some that just repeatability just make coke which is very repetitive. That’s why weed was so fun to mass produce in November because it was a new system and with the help of others deploying pots you could make some very good money.

gm1003

MRP Senior Administrator
MRP Senior Administrator
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Marketing Team
Event Team
MRP Recruitment Team
Jul 7, 2018
College Station, TX
Far too often, people use the report system to get out of unfavorable RP situations and many simple rulebreaks stall roleplay in the form of a sit

RX55927R11DEZ

Banned
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
As the title states, What do you guys think of Monolith right now and if you could change one thing about it what would it be?

Everyone should know by now the next major update for Monolith is in development and Id like to start a serious discussion on what you guys think is a problem.

Please do not use this thread for simple responses such as ( make etc easier, blah blah is too hard ), If you insist on something changing in such a way give a detailed response on why, and what it does for Monolith as a whole.
#1. Right, so I know you yourself have said no more cars (even the ones that are in the server and unused).

But @DevulTj said otherwise:

So, I'm thinking if there's any chance they could be added this update, that would be wonderful. It would introduce a bunch more cheap sports cars for the poorer fellas like me and many others who've just properly started grinding on the server.

The better cars that are unused are the Lamborghini Miura P400 and the TDM Ferraris.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
#2.
I'm wondering what's up with the fire system and spawning fire missions in owned buildings, it can destroy expensive things such as the weed supplies, the cocaine supplies, and LSD supplies. Even if you do manage to get the fire department there it's almost always too late, and you probably were basing so you most likely also have illegal things which the fire department screenshots and reports to the PD, causing you to get cop raided and ruin your grinding and hard earned money. This has happened to many people I've played with including me since Paralake. I'm not entirely sure about it on this map, but I've heard of it occurring on this map.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
#3. I've heard about a system where you can't use med-kits in combat. This just seems unrealistic as in real life in a war if you get shot, you patch yourself up (from what I've seen, not from experience, I should say.) The majority of people who do dangerous Roleplay such as raiding, mugging etc. will really dislike this change from what I've heard from those people themselves.
#4.

Self-defense for tow truck driver. As someone who role plays as driver often you encounter various of angry people who don’t want their car towed causing them to be violent towards you, and then threaten you with a gun. if we were able only a pistol with a CPL for self defense it would be great.
This has personally been a problem for me since Rockford. I've always gotten shot or in-other ways harmed by trying to do my job. I fully support this statement. It may also help other tow truck drivers who've gotten harmed like this.
#5.
The org ranks from Rockford would help with Roleplay, in my opinion. I've seen somewhere that this won't be added because it broke something I think. But if it could that would be nice.
Example:
(No disrespect, just used it because it was the easiest to find.)

That's about it, I hope you consider some of these, might add more. Thanks for this opportunity, @Mark

EDIT: Listed which cars would be nice on the server

Last edited:

gm1003

MRP Senior Administrator
MRP Senior Administrator
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Marketing Team
Event Team
MRP Recruitment Team
Jul 7, 2018
College Station, TX
#5. The org ranks from Rockford would help with Roleplay, in my opinion. I've seen somewhere that this won't be added because it broke something I think. But if it could that would be nice.
Big fan of this

PMX

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
MRP Recruitment Team
Dec 3, 2016
This has personally been a problem for me since Rockford. I've always gotten shot or in-other ways harmed by trying to do my job. I fully support this statement. It may also help other tow truck drivers who've gotten harmed like this.
self defense for tow truck driver. As someone who role plays as driver often you encounter various of angry people who don’t want their car towed causing them to be violent towards you, and then threaten you with a gun. if we were able only a pistol with a CPL for self defense it would be great.
Yes, we added a rule to prevent these kind of situations!

You may not harm a Tow Truck Driver for towing or impounding you, your friends or crew member's vehicle. In addition, you may not harm a Tow Truck Driver for previously towing or impounding you, your friends or crew member's vehicle.

RX55927R11DEZ

Banned
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
I have not played in a few months but I would say add more ways where we don't have to fucking grind for 24 hours a day and I have been playing since 2017 so I have grinded a lot
Also, just do LSD then level to cocaine, doesn't take that long (although I started mid-2017 and I'm still stupid poor, that's just because I've never bothered to base to grind)

And that's kind of the point as well. If you don't work for the money, how do you expect to earn it? If you don't have the time, that's just unfortunate.

DangerZone640

Monolith Addict
Also, just do LSD then level to cocaine, doesn't take that long (although I started mid-2017 and I'm still stupid poor, that's just because I've never bothered to base to grind)

And that's kind of the point as well. If you don't work for the money, how do you expect to earn it? If you don't have the time, that's just unfortunate.
Instead of work, it's grinding a ton. Maybe paycheck bonus for play time? So playing as a certain job for a certain amount of time nets a small percent bonus. Maybe even the levels themselves. Like a 2% or more bonus per half hour or 2% per 20 levels above job requirement level. Basically, it's like getting a pay raise. Maybe even reworking paychecks in general. Just an idea.

DevulTj

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Developer
Dec 3, 2016
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Ways to make money without having to grind inside a house all day, I know you can make money via jobs but the paychecks are jokes for players that have played a while. I'm not saying it should be easier to make money but it would be nice to be able to roleplay and make money at the same time.
It's something I have planned personally.

I think there should be some new drugs added so there is more variety in making drugs and it’s fun to make money a way you never had before. I think the server would become less bland for some that just repeatability just make coke which is very repetitive. That’s why weed was so fun to mass produce in November because it was a new system and with the help of others deploying pots you could make some very good money.
Personally, there's already enough.

#1. Right, so I know you yourself have said no more cars (even the ones that are in the server and unused).

But @DevulTj said otherwise:
View attachment 7138

So, I'm thinking if there's any chance they could be added this update, that would be wonderful. It would introduce a bunch more cheap sports cars for the poorer fellas like me and many others who've just properly started grinding on the server.
More cars are planned, as well as phasing out unused ones. However, these will only be vehicles in existing vehicle packs.

#3. I've heard about a system where you can't use med-kits in combat. This just seems unrealistic as in real life in a war if you get shot, you patch yourself up (from what I've seen, not from experience, I should say.) The majority of people who do dangerous Roleplay such as raiding, mugging etc. will really dislike this change from what I've heard from those people themselves.
We've not done anything regarding this yet, and it would require a lot of insight into a change of this magnitude.
#4.

I think this is more of a community problem than something we have much control over, sadly.

#5.
The org ranks from Rockford would help with Roleplay, in my opinion. I've seen somewhere that this won't be added because it broke something I think. But if it could that would be nice.
Example:
View attachment 7139
(No disrespect, just used it because it was the easiest to find.)

That's about it, I hope you consider some of these, might add more. Thanks for this opportunity, @Mark
I don't really think the org ranks have much roleplay input - if anything, it just creates more options for metagaming.

Reactions: Valentino Meid

StewartJames

Apr 5, 2019
This seems like a really cool thread, I'm loving the ideas coming through and the great responses!

I was wondering if you guys planned on adding/diversifying the police and Emergency response vehicles? Its been mentioned before that some might be in store for monoford, but I just wanted to make sure here- it would be really great if cops of a lower rank could have more choice in their vehicles, least of all to mention the downright dangerous handling and suspension of the classic crown Vic that deputies and sergeants are limited to at the moment. I see a tesla on the content pack?

ammeo

Mar 12, 2019
Pakistan
I have mainly 2 suggestions that i think will greatly enhance the role play and will attract more players to the server.

Suggestion # 1: Make a Ranking System For the Orgs.
Ranking can be based on the combined net worth of the members of an org or their combined kill counts/successful raids/successful raid defense etc in the past 30 days or any of their activity in the past 30 days that is considered important as an org's activity. This would give the players of the server an idea about which org currently stands at the top and what other orgs follow next in ranks.

Suggestion # 2: Bring some more cars to the server. This server lacks bugattis, aston martins, jaguars, paganis and rolls royces.
I am not sure if these brand names that i have mentioned above are in car packs but if any of them are, plzz bring them to the map. There are not many high end cars to choose from. Nearly half of them are just Lamborghinis.

Stuvi

Community Manager
Community Manager
Forum Moderator
Report Management
Dec 10, 2016
Germany
This seems like a really cool thread, I'm loving the ideas coming through and the great responses!

I was wondering if you guys planned on adding/diversifying the police and Emergency response vehicles? Its been mentioned before that some might be in store for monoford, but I just wanted to make sure here- it would be really great if cops of a lower rank could have more choice in their vehicles, least of all to mention the downright dangerous handling and suspension of the classic crown Vic that deputies and sergeants are limited to at the moment. I see a tesla on the content pack?
yes

Suggestion # 2: Bring some more cars to the server. This server lacks bugattis, aston martins, jaguars, paganis and rolls royces.
I am not sure if these brand names that i have mentioned above are in car packs but if any of them are, plzz bring them to the map. There are not many high end cars to choose from. Nearly half of them are just Lamborghinis.
Please read developers responses before posting what has been answered previously...

Reactions: A Sack O' Salt

Vexum

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
#1 Gunplay is more rewarding than roleplay.
#2 You have everyone just selling shit at the town hall, which takes away from someone buying a shop to sell their goods. If you did a system where the shop keeper had to be within a certain radius of his items or they are able to be stolen then people wouldn't do that.

Mark

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Developer
Jun 13, 2017
#1 Gunplay is more rewarding than roleplay.
#2 You have everyone just selling shit at the town hall, which takes away from someone buying a shop to sell their goods. If you did a system where the shop keeper had to be within a certain radius of his items or they are able to be stolen then people wouldn't do that.
This is something in the past I wanted to address. I completely believe that marketing items on your own should be more controlled to prevent "spam" in public places. We had something in the past that limited this to specific property types. I'm not sure why it was removed.

Reactions: kingeddie98