FEEDBACK Should police spawn with a pistol already in their inventory

• Looking for our server(s)? Go to our servers page after you've subscribed to our content pack. Hope you enjoy them!
  • You can purchase Premium Membership to enhance your game experience and support our community!
  • Meet other members and stay updated in our Discord and Steam Group. Find out how to get permissions on Discord here.

Scofield

When we have a bad mayor, and no money coming inside pd, all hell breaks loose, and the police department cannot operate to stop even the most simplist of crimes. There has been scenarios where we have about 12 officers inside the pd, but as we have no budget, so we are all unarmed. Then a pd raider comes at us and we are completely defenseless. My suggestion is that everyone who is a police officer or higher, should have a p99 always in their inventory as a starter weapon (similar to how a tazer and a baton is given to officers as soon as they spawn in). When there are a lot of people online, budget is extremely low, even if the mayor is trying to give it to us, and the only way to get budget is by forcing the mayor to resign or physically arresting him. This isn't rp friendly as it isn't realistic. I think that if all officers+ were automatically given a pistol, it would reduce the pressure of the mayor, so we can give him time to increase the budget, as the police department will not be completely useless without budget. This is also more realistic, as all American police officers have to be armed, and IRL they would not be protecting places without firearms, and will have other ways of obtaining firearms if income to a city is low.

This idea will stop the police department from being completely useless if we have a corrupt mayor.

Reactions: The HitMan

SCOTTISH

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Marketing Team
Feb 2, 2019
United Kingdom (UK)
Hey @Scofield ,

This is a great discussion and I think elements of this can be made into a great suggestion as there are many great points on this. To cut in down:

My suggestion is that everyone who is a police officer or higher, should have a p99 always in their inventory as a starter weapon
All Law Enforcement Officers should have the standard on point of employment in a job of automatically be given a weapon in the scenario of not enough budget. My suggestion for this would be a Glock. It could be the idea of joining the job, you spend $250 on job equipment.

and the only way to get budget is by forcing the mayor to resign or physically arresting him.
This situation happens too often, players think in the point of not having a budget it is direct result of the Mayor, where in fact it is players from other Departments misspending their set budget or having a game issue. Majority of Police Department will try to arrest the Mayor under Corruption charges, which most the time is false and Mayors normally are not approved to be Corrupt by an online Senior Administrator+ and in itself not allowed by Law Enforcement.

To end, I can add so much more to this reply but at the end of the day this would be a great suggestion for a weapon and in addition to my further suggestion to make it purchase on employment in the job

TheXeno

Aug 13, 2019
Make an actual suggestion on this.

StewartJames

Apr 5, 2019
we got pd raided earlier and they kept shooting us as soon as we respawned. 3 times.

Would have loved a free gun there, please make into full suggestion

Apecengo

MRP Administrator
MRP Administrator
Event Team
Aug 4, 2018
Spain
As I said on another post, I feel like a good solution to this problem would be to allow to get certain items even when there's no budget.
For example, if there was no budget, you would only allow to get from the armory:
  • Some not-great handgun
  • Only 1 CPR kit, 1 medkit when refilling it
  • 75% of ammo instead of a full charge
Also, you would only be allowed to spawn Crown Vics.

As soon as budget gets higher, everything would be back to normal.

DystopianRaven

Monolith Pleb
Jun 24, 2017
New Zealand
where in fact it is players from other Departments misspending their set budget or having a game issue.
Literally nothing will solve this, you'd need logs as high command to demote or punish people, demand that people spend less is like asking players in monolith to actually RP, unrealistic...

A standard issued gun on re spawn would be neat tho.
Do support this suggestion.

StewartJames

Apr 5, 2019
do _this_ suggestion
As I said on another post, I feel like a good solution to this problem would be to allow to get certain items even when there's no budget.
For example, if there was no budget, you would only allow to get from the armory:
  • Some not-great handgun

Reactions: Apecengo

MUDJUG

MRP Moderator
MRP Moderator
Marketing Team
Media Creator
Event Team
Jan 22, 2019
Minnesnowta, US
we got pd raided earlier and they kept shooting us as soon as we respawned. 3 times.

Would have loved a free gun there, please make into full suggestion
Well to be fair, you wouldn't have been allowed to clap back at that point anymore. PD only get one life in a PD raid. You cant fight back once you respawn within PD

Reactions: StewartJames

TheXeno

Aug 13, 2019
  • Some not-great handgun

No if players want to buy better guns they should be allowed. This will restrict players and people will only play cop if there has to be a decent mayor on until they can get what they want. This would kill the police job.

Last edited:

Wolv

Banned
Banned
May 24, 2019
Somewhere... still trying to figure it out
Good idea, however I feel this can provoke breaking NLR as a cop. Most cops don’t know they only have 1 LIFE IN A PD RAID

So they’re given a free gun and come back, sometimes the deal of budget can save a cop from breaking NLR cuz they don’t have a weapon. In my opinion it’s unrealistic and can provoke rule breaks.

Reactions: StewartJames